7:18am here so this is a speedy pre-workday post....
this past weekend, life in newport changed forever. an ent named treebeard appeared in all of his grandeur to herd trees; a golden eagle soared; a fashionable pink-haired diva introduced herself; a cobweb caught insects and random pieces of debris; a nerd used the prenzlauerberg equation to calculate the most optimum (i.e., fun) route between an apartment, an aquarium and a brewery; a street walker charmed us all; a retired couple from arizona made a reappearance; and finally, SUPER FRED MEYER became known to all as a TRUE AMERICAN HERO.
for pictures, visit the authoritative site for all things smew (and not smew): ram's blog.
....... sunday morning, brenda, cliff, & the missus went to the coffeehouse for breakfast. daisuka, a j-pop superstar, happened to be on break from touring and made an appearance. oh, so exciting!
i managed to capture some amazing (& rare) footage using my digital camera (you must have macromedia flash and javascript turned on in order to view)!
I am really impressed by you and your friends' costumes. You did a really good job putting that plastic bag superhero suit together. I was not expecting something so nicely tailored when you were telling me about it.
By the way, I really enjoyed that bonus at the end of Cat Scratch Fever Part 2.
Very nice, and the Fargo accents were perfectly excecuted. Speaking of execution, I can help with the Eduardo cat problem if needed. Let's just say I know someone, who knows someone, if you know what I mean. Wink Wink.
I'm glad to see that the Coffeehouse still remains such a wonderful gathering place for the fine folk of Newport. And such scintillating conversation, too!!
khemmie, so i'm in a lecture hall in the business school right now (trying to study) and just checked out ram's blog for the halloween pics.... i laughed out loud (every time i scrolled up and down the pictures)! you are the epitome of super heroes, mr. super fred meyer. love you and will talk with you later! xoxo.